Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Problem connection imap SSL

From: Sake Blok <sake@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2015 13:02:32 +0200
Hello,

It looks like you made the capture on the system with IP address 192.168.0.2 (as the ACK in frame 147 has a length that is smaller than the minimum ethernet length of 64 or 60 without FCS).

This endpoint does receive the ACK on the clienthello (frame 150) and it does receive the ServerHello (frame 184). However, it keeps resending the ClientHello with an ACK of 1, as if the ACK and SeverHello were never received.

Looking into these two packets (frame 150 and 184), it can be seen that the IP checksum is off by 1. As the IP checksum needs to be recalculated when there is NAT, the natting router between 192.168.0.2 and the Internet might have a bug in the firmware. Could you check whether there is a newer version of the firmware available?

Cheers,
Sake