Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Wireshark 1.99.3 doesn't display captured packets

From: Bernhard Ehlers <be@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 8 Mar 2015 16:31:48 +0100
Hi,

I tested a little bit more.

If I delete the Wireshark.app, install 1.99.2, then install 1.99.3 it often works.

But:
I then create a file named start (in my home directory) with the following contents:
#!/bin/sh

tail -f -c +0 "$1" | /Applications/Wireshark.app/Contents/MacOS/Wireshark -k -i - 2> /dev/null

Then 1.99.3 has again it’s odd behavior. I tried it three times, every time reproducible. Deleting this file didn’t help, I had to start over again (delete, install 1.99.2, then 1.99.3).

Very strange, I wouldn’t believe it, if I haven’t done it myself.

So currently you need an empty OS X installation to use 1.99.3

Regards

Bernhard