Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] lua starter (tshark -X is not working)

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2015 15:03:25 -0800
On Feb 12, 2015, at 7:21 AM, Jeff Morriss <jeff.morriss.ws@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The big problem with RHEL/CentOS is that there isn't a repository with a modern Wireshark (that I am aware of).
>
> Fedora uses pretty modern Wiresharks now but of course the enterprise distros don't upgrade.

CentOS 7 is really out there on the bleeding edge - they're up to 1.10.3!

	http://mirror.centos.org/centos/7/os/x86_64/Packages/

Does that mean that RHEL 7 is also providing something equally shiny and new?

(And should we consider building our own RPM packages, and offering them for whatever the Red Hat/CentOS equivalent is to Ubuntu PPAs if there is such an equivalent?  Unfortunately, that might mean building on various versions of RHEL/CentOS if we don't want to make the packages dependent on special packages of its dependencies.)