Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] Decode As DLT

From: John Newbigin <jnewbigin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2015 04:32:27 +0000
Hi,

I am debugging a network tunneling protocol which carries a small header
and an Ethernet frame inside a UDP packet. I would like to capture and
decode these in real time.

I have defined a DLT which will skip the header and specify the payload
as eth.

I would like to select the payload of the UDP packet and use Decode
As... but I don't see the DLT protocol listed there.

Is this something which can be done in the GUI or do I need to write
some code to do this?

Thanks,

John.