Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Acp 142 checksum algorithm

From: Jaap Keuter <jaap.keuter@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2014 21:41:46 +0100
Hi,

Reading the document [3], section Evolution (105 and 106) suggest that a whole
lot more was done to the protocol. I'm not sure if this has influenced the PDU's
themselves (apart from the checksum as you indicated), a more rigorous analysis
of the document would be required since no delta is described.

The best way to get attention to this is to collect relevant sample capture
files of the new protocol and open an enhancement bug in the Wireshark bugzilla
(https://bugs.wireshark.org) and attach this description and the sample capture
files there.

If someone picks up this bug (s)he then has all the info they need to get
started. However, the volunteer nature of this project does not provide
guarantees if and when this is going to be done (although Stig might not be able
to hold himself back ;) ).

Thanks,
Jaap