Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] NFSv4 network capture with all possible operations

From: Graham Bloice <graham.bloice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2014 16:35:31 +0100

On 30 September 2014 16:11, Alexey Costroma <alexey@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I'm working on NFSv3/4 network utility and for testing purposes I am looking for NFSv4 captures containing all possible NFSv4 operations.

I found a "Fairly complete trace of all NFS v3 packet types" herehttp://wiki.wireshark.org/SampleCaptures#NFS_Protocol_Family

I googled a lot but I can not find something similar for NFSv4.

Yes, off course most of NFSv4 operations I was able to easily reproduce by myself.

But I don't know how too make these: CREATE, LINK, LOCK, LOCKT, LOCKU, NVERIFY, OPENATTR, OPEN_DOWNGRADE, READ, READLINK, SECINFO, VERIFY, RELEASE_LOCKOWNER, GET_DIR_DELEGATION.

Maybe someone can share with me some kind of "NFSv4_all_operations_capture.pcap" or tell me the way to reproduce them?

Have you looked on pcapr.net, seem to be some there: http://www.pcapr.net/browse?q=nfs+v4

--
Graham Bloice