Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Bluetooth capture on Mac?

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2014 10:43:57 -0700
On Sep 25, 2014, at 6:35 AM, "Paul Raine" <praine@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Is it possible to capture Bluetooth packets using Wireshark on Mac?
> I know this is possible on Linux, (but not windows), but what about OS-X?

Not with libpcap-based applications such as Wireshark.  Apple's PacketLogger program can be used to capture Bluetooth traffic to and from the Mac, and Wireshark can read its files, but the interfaces it uses to capture the traffic are not, as far as I know, documented, so they're not easily available to libpcap.