Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] Using Wireshark for a DSL "link no surf" problem

From: Kok-Yong Tan <ktan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2014 11:42:06 -0700
Is it possible to use Wireshark to troubleshoot a DSL "link no surf" problem?  The ISP insists it's a CPE issue but the problem only started after their Tier 1 tech monkeyed with the DSLAM and/or the CPE (remotely) in some manner.  I find it suspicious that the problem was intermittent packet loss until they tinkered, whereupon the problem became a "link no surf" issue (i.e., there's Layer 2 connectivity but zero Layer 3 traffic passing).
--
Reality Artisans, Inc.             		#   Network Wrangling and Delousing
P.O. Box 565, Gracie Station       	#   Apple Certified Consultant