Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Need help with analysis of two related captures

Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2014 20:17:19 +0000
Can you share the captures? If you can ask specific 'I don't understand this frame' question we might be able to help but troubleshooting blind id kind of hard. There are a number of good wireshark 101 books if you have that kind of time and a LOT of content on youtube. Sharkfest sharkfest.wireshark.org is just over a week away, no better place than there to learn wireshark.
In GENERAL out of order packets from AU wouldn't really surprise me, the resets are likely one side giving up, are there a lot of retransmissions or huge time gaps before a reset? Adding a delta column to wireshark can be a huge help when looking at that. Following the different streams might help you get a clearer view of whats up (clear some noise). Did you capture icmp frames or JUST the port this app runs on? ICMP can give huge hints when things go off the rails. Have you checked the firewall logs? Depending on the firewall have you tried excluding the traffic from deep IPS / IDS checks (yea just guessing at random now).

tim