Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Wireshark-users Digest, Vol 94, Issue 10

From: Hadriel Kaplan <hadrielk@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2014 20:20:26 -0700 (PDT)
For (1), not that I know of. And there is no libpcap encap type that wouldn't have at least the IP layer anyway if you want to put UDP in it, afaik. (there are some encaps which don't have the link layer header, but I don't think text2pcap is that sophisticated)

Of course you could just write out your data into a pcap file instead of using text2pcap - I'm sure there are Perl modules on cpan.org for pcap file writing. If you do that, then you could write out with a RAW_IP encap type and skip the link layer.

For (2), have you tried "tshark -O 'udp,foo,bar' ..."?

-hadriel