Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] IEEE80211 Prism header dissecting problem ..

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2014 18:58:28 -0700
On Mar 20, 2014, at 10:50 AM, Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> in which case we need to have the Prism code support both byte orders.

I've checked into the trunk a change that should handle that.

If your Windows system is 32-bit, please wait until a build with a higher number than 2057 shows up in

	http://www.wireshark.org/download/automated/win32/

The installer will have a name like Wireshark-win32-1.11.3-2058-7b6f0475.exe, with the number after "1.11.3" being 2058 or greater and the item just before ".exe" being some random collection of 8 hex digits.  You may have to wait for a while, however, as that buildbot is currently offline and not generating new builds.

If your Windows system is 64-bit, please wait until a build with a higher number than 2057 shows up in

	http://www.wireshark.org/download/automated/win64/

The installer will have a name like Wireshark-win64-1.11.3-2058-7b6f0475.exe, with the number after "1.11.3" being 2058 or greater and the item just before ".exe" being some random collection of 8 hex digits.

These are development builds, so they may have a random collection of interesting new features and interesting new bugs, as well as interesting user interface changes.  For Windows, they might offer a choice between versions using GTK+ (the old UI toolkit, which is the one current official releases use) and Qt (the new UI toolkit, which we want to use for 1.12).  The Qt version might be nicer in some ways, but a number of UI features have not yet been implemented with Qt, so they will only be available in the GTK+ version.

Once you get the new version installed, please try reading the capture file with the new version, and let us know whether it works or not.