Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] my traffic not captured

From: "David Sheats, Friendly Computer Service" <david.sheats@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2014 14:50:45 -0400
Ohhh, I see what I did. It was a network byte-ordering problem. I wanted it to connect to port 2022 (07e6 hex), but it was switching the bytes around such that I was actually connecting to port 58887 (e607 hex). My eye had been skipping right past the captured packets because I assumed they were for some other protocol!

Thanks for you the help, Guy and Anne.

(I am relatively new to using email lists such as this- will Anne also get this message, or do I have to reply specifically to her email in order for her to see it?)

-David

----- Original Message ----- From: "Guy Harris" <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>