Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] stopped processing module Intel-dcb-mib? if present?

From: Andrew Hood <ajhood@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2014 21:29:57 +1100
Your line numbers may vary, but this should be enough to get it to load.
"x"DISPLAY-HINTs for OCTET STRINGs must start with a length.

$ diff /usr/local/share/mibs/site/INTEL-DCB-MIB.orig
/usr/local/share/mibs/site/INTEL-DCB-MIB
115c115
<     DISPLAY-HINT "x"
---
>     DISPLAY-HINT "1x:"
137c137
<     DISPLAY-HINT "x"
---
>     DISPLAY-HINT "1x:"
149c149
<     DISPLAY-HINT "x"
---
>     DISPLAY-HINT "1x:"
160c160
<     DISPLAY-HINT "x"
---

On 20/02/2014 12:01 PM, wireshark@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> I got the above message (full message...) on linux -- is
> my vendor's patch or in the main source?
>
> Full message:
>
>  Stopped processing module INTEL-DCB-MIB due to error(s) to prevent
>  potential crash in libsmi.
>  Module's conformance level: 1.
>  See details at: http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=560325
>

>  I looked at the bug and it the reporter said in their trace
>  that it **couldn't** find the module -- and then it would crash.
>
>  But I have the module/file.  So should it still be disabled?
>
> Thanks...maybe local to my distro (suse), they have a history of
> mis-applying patches (they apply more that are right than wrong,
> but I don't notice those! ;-)).

-- Dr. Who