Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] SIP text to PCAP Possible?

From: "Jamie O. Montgomery" <Jamie.Montgomery@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2014 13:37:04 +0000

Tip of the hat to the WireShark community.

I’m looking for a way to take SIP messages from a text log and create a PCAP file to view in WireShark. I’ve got some rudimentary PERL skills that could take the text log file and parse the text to create some dummy information for all the headers, but I haven’t found a way to create a PCAP file from scratch. I wanted to ask if such an effort had been made in the community.

We provide VoIP to our customers, and reading through large log files is very time consuming. We’re much better at parsing PCAP files in WireShark. We can’t capture the VoIP traffic due to the magnitude of data we deal with.

Thanks in advance.

Jamie M

The information contained in this e-mail message and any attachments thereto are confidential, privileged, or otherwise protected from disclosure, and are intended for the use of the individual or entity named above. Dissemination, distribution or copying of this message and any attachments by anyone other than the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, is prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please immediately notify the sender by telephone or e-mail and destroy the original message, attachments, and all copies.