Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] Got a wee bit of an issue here

From: Kok-Yong Tan <ktan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2014 02:10:27 -0500
Hi folks,

I just upgraded Wireshark to the latest and greatest via MacPorts. Unfortunately, I can't see my network interfaces any more. Previously when this happened after an upgrade, just doing a "sudo chmod a+r /dev/bpf*" and restarting Wireshark would suffice to fix the issue but not any more. I also see this new error:

(Unknown message from dumpcap, try to show it as a string: Dynamic session lookup supported but failed: launchd did not provide a socket path, verify that org.freedesktop.dbus-session.plist is loaded!)

This is on a MacOS 10.8.5 Intel tower. Is the above a Wireshark error or a MacPorts error? Help?

Tan
--
Reality Artisans, Inc.             #   Network Wrangling and Delousing
P.O. Box 565, Gracie Station       #   Apple Certified Consultant