Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Severe UI degradation in 1.10.5

From: Evan Huus <eapache@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2014 12:03:52 -0500
Try processing the capture with tshark of both versions and seeing if
1.10.5 takes substantially longer than 1.10.4. If so then you are
correct that it is a dissector issue. Please file a bug on our
bugzilla (https://bugs.wireshark.org/bugzilla/) and, if possible,
attach a subset of the capture that shows the issue. If you're feeling
ambitious you could try profiling the 1.10.5 build (using the
callgrind tool, for example) to see exactly where the time is going.
You may also want to try a trunk build (from
https://www.wireshark.org/download/automated/) to see if this issue
also exists in the latest trunk.

Cheers,
Evan