Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Saving a Capture File......

From: Pascal Quantin <pascal.quantin@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2014 17:08:27 +0100
Hi Gavin,

now you should use the File -> Export specified packets menu entry.

Best regards,
Pascal.

2014/1/9 Gaudineer, Kevin <Kevin.Gaudineer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Have the ‘Save Capture File’ option’s  been changed or moved to another menu?

I have downloaded and installed WireShark 1.10.5 (32 bit for Windows XP)  and captured a file.  I used a display filter to only show the packets I was interested in (tcp.stream eq 0) and then tried to save the filtered display.  When I select   File -> Save As   I only get the typical windows file save as dialog box the Wireshark file save as used to have choices like displayed packets  or all captured packets   or a range of packets  All of those options are  now gone on my screen.

I have been through the help file and tried several Google searches but all still refer to the File Save AS option which doesn’t look the same anymore….

Kevin L Gaudineer

UnityPoint Health

6100 Thornton Ave

Des Moines, IA 50321

Email kevin.gaudineer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

(515) 241-7745– office

(515) 205-3069 – mobile

This message and accompanying documents are covered by the
Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C. sections 2510-2521,
and contain information intended for the specified individual(s) only.
This information is confidential. If you are not the intended recipient
or an agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you
are hereby notified that you have received this document in error and
that any review, dissemination, copying, or the taking of any action
based on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited. If you
have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately
by e-mail, and delete the original message.