Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] Seeking help debugging ethernet Invalid length/type 0x05e4

From: Stephen Nesbitt <snesbitt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2014 11:34:51 -0800
All:

I'm seeking assistance in determining if I have a network issue I need to
address and if so, how to go about it.

What I'm seeing in Wireshark is an ongoing series of messages of the
following:

2471	145.246787000	Rosewill_XXXX	Netgear_XXXX	Ethernet	1522
Ethernet Unknown: Invalid length/type: 0x05e4 (1508)

These are being issued 2 -3 times per second.

So, do I need to try to fix this?

And if so, where should I start. The packet data just looks like gibberish to
me.

Thanks in advance,

-steve