Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] tshark: Difference between -R and -Y

From: Joerg Mayer <jmayer@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 5 Jan 2014 22:21:57 +0100
Hello,

I just found out that I don't understand what -R does.

If I run
tshark -2 -R "udp.port==53" -i wlan0
then it seems that I see all packets (arp, dns, lldp, ...)
if I instead run
tshark -2 -Y "udp.port==53" -i wlan0
I only see dns.
The manpage is not helpful either to explain what I am seeing
(snv HEAD / r54612)

Can someone please explain what is going on here?

Thanks
    Jörg