Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Enable PRP dissector in tshark

From: "Maynard, Chris" <Christopher.Maynard@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2013 10:32:01 -0500
The tooltip shows "prp.enable", so you'd need to use "-o prp.enable:true".

Or you could enable it via Analyze -> Enabled Protocols -> PRP, which is normally how protocols are enabled/disabled.  I find it a little strange that this dissector would have a separate preference to enable/disable it, but the comment in the source code indicates the following, so I guess this is the reason why:

/*  Post dissectors (such as the trailer dissector for this protocol)
 *  get called for every single frame anyone loads into Wireshark.
 *  Since this protocol is not of general interest we disable this
 *  protocol by default.
 *
 *  This is done separately from the disabled protocols list mainly so
 *  we can disable it by default.  XXX Maybe there's a better way.
 */

- Chris