Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] tshark smb,srt filter error

From: Tal Bar-Or <tbaror@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2013 08:47:02 +0300

Hi All,

i am trying to get some smb statistics for certain file using tshark for scripting propose , i think i am using the correct syntax but still getting errors as follows below even if i remove the \ i get invalid - "New" was unexpected in this context.

Please advice

Thanks

C:\traces_test>"c:\Program Files\Wireshark\tshark.exe" -n -r tracesmb_fileop1.pcap -q -z "smb,srt,smb.file==\\New Video 12_20196.xml"

tshark: Couldn't register smb,srt tap: Filter "smb.file==\New Video 12_20196.xml" is invalid - "\" was unexpected in this context.

--
Tal Bar-or