Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Possible memory leak using Lua script

From: Jeff Morriss <jeff.morriss.ws@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2013 16:48:34 -0400
On 10/09/13 11:20, Javi Gallart wrote:
Thanks for the reply.

I will try the latest version.
Just to make the case clearer, we're using tshark (configured with
--disable-wiresahrk). It's doing a live capture and exiting a Lua
Listener that writes some parts of the packet to a file. We'd like it to
keep running constantly; but we need to restart it frequently because it
runs out of memory.

Yes, that's what I thought you meant. As mentioned in that wiki, you can't do that because it's sure that tshark will eventually run out of memory.