Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] Errors in tshark

From: Kurt Buff <kurt.buff@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2013 11:37:25 -0700
All,

Was filtering a 1gb capture file looking for STP packets, and got some errors.

I got the output I was looking for, I believe, but wanted to report
back to the community, in case it's an issue that needs to be
addressed.

Running this on Win7 x64 Enterprise. Wireshark 1.10.2

I had merged a bunch (~200 @5mbytes each) of smaller capture files and
then performed the following, with the results shown. I did some quick
googling, and found reports of similar errors, so it's entirely
possible that someone's already working on it - if so, feel free to
ignore this message.

C:\PacketCaptures\dump>"C:\Program Files\Wireshark\tshark" -r
0901.pcap -Y stp -w c:\packetcaptures\stp.pcap

* (tshark.exe:6508): WARNING **: Too many taps queued

* (tshark.exe:6508): WARNING **: Too many taps queued

* (tshark.exe:6508): WARNING **: Too many taps queued

* (tshark.exe:6508): WARNING **: Too many taps queued

* (tshark.exe:6508): WARNING **: Too many taps queued

* (tshark.exe:6508): WARNING **: Dissector bug, protocol TDS, in
packet 820830: proto.c:4246: failed assertion "end >= fi->start"

If someone needs more info, I will do my best to oblige.

Kurt