Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Modify default profile location

From: Troy Tate <Troy.Tate@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2013 15:39:53 -0400
Excellent! The environment variable does indeed work but I found another way to set it using symbolic directory links in Win7. I used the Dirlinker tool (http://dirlinker.codeplex.com/) and created a link called Profiles in my User\AppData\Roaming\Wireshark folder and pointed it to the folder where I keep all the different profiles I use.

Troy Tate
IT Security Manager
CTS Corp.
P: 574-523-3897
F: 574-294-5718

Christopher Maynard <Christopher.Maynard@..> writes:
>Currently, you can override the default preferences location (and thereby the default profile location) by defining an environment variable named U3_APP_DATA_PATH to be set to the desired location.

Since 1.10 is the last version that will support U3[1] though, we should probably change the name of that environment variable to something else.  My vote would be to use WS_APPDATA, and I'll likely change it to that in the trunk unless there are any objections.

- Chris

[1]: http://wiki.wireshark.org/Development/LifeCycle

End of Wireshark-users Digest, Vol 88, Issue 8

Notice: This message, including any attachments, may contain
confidential or privileged information and is intended solely
for the person or entity to whom it is addressed. The use,
disclosure, copying, distribution or reliance on the contents
of this message by anyone other than the intended recipient
is strongly prohibited. If you have received this message in
error, please notify the sender by replying to this message
and then delete it from your system. Thank you.