Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Packet loss

From: Simone Ferlin-Oliveira <ferlin@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2013 10:22:22 +0200
Thanks Jim,

I am exactly in this point trying to distinguish between retransmission from packet out of order from actual packet loss on
the link. I knew about this possible misidentification from wireshark concerning retransmission. Somebody in the forum
posted a possible combination of retransmission followed by lost_segment to identify actual packet losses.

One of the flows I am analyzing is from a network that has big buffers and I get lots of retransmissions at the sender that
are not real packet losses caused by the link quality.