Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] wireshark and RTT

From: Simone Ferlin-Oliveira <ferlin@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2013 09:52:17 +0200
Hi,
I am capturing traces at client and server and only transferring in downlink, download (s->c) direction.
I am plotting different things about these flows - window size, rtt, etc.
Depending on the plot, either one trace file or the other is appropriate, but even like this, wireshark shows sometimes very uncommon RTT values. I compare them with tcptrace to validate. I know approximately in which range they should be and
sometimes wireshark shows different values compared to tcptrace -Z ... . I am relying on tcptrace for now. captcp was another
option, but since I capture only 150B for each packet. The tool has a small bug because it accepts only full packets. I modified
the code, but the calculations are wrong since it considers full packet sizes only...