Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] name resolution / Wireshark hosts file

From: Stuart Kendrick <skendric@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2013 15:02:33 -0700
OK, so I've created a hosts file:

10.1.2.3    Me   # My PC

in C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Roaming\Wireshark

Under Preferences ... Name Resolution ... I have checked "Resolve
network (IP) addresses"

I close Wireshark, re-open it, capture traffic from my machine ... no
addresses are resolved ... I see IP addresses only.

If I check Preferences ... Name Resolution ...  'Use an external network
name resolver', then I see IP name resolution results from DNS ... but I
don't want that ... I only want name resolution from my personal hosts
file ...

What am I missing?

--sk

Stuart Kendrick