Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] using preferences_common to deploy preferences across profiles

From: Stuart Kendrick <skendric@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2013 10:56:56 -0700
I was imagining that I could create a preferences_common file (c:\users\{username}\appdata\roaming\wireshark\preferences_common), add a few tool-bar filters:

####### Filter Expressions ########
gui.filter_expressions.label: Exclude-broadcast
gui.filter_expressions.enabled: TRUE
gui.filter_expressions.expr: not eth.ig==1
gui.filter_expressions.label: TAF
gui.filter_expressions.enabled: TRUE
gui.filter_expressions.expr: tcp.analysis.flags

And see those filters appear in /all/ of my profiles.

But this turns out not to work. Is my imagination perhaps overactive? And I must instead add these Filter Expressions to /all/ the preferences files in all my profile directories?

--sk

Stuart Kendrick
FHCRC