Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Running tshark on large pcap files

From: Erik Hjelmvik <erik.hjelmvik@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2013 22:19:33 +0200
2013/6/12 Rayne <hjazz6@xxxxxxxxx>:
> Is there a way to turn off TCP reassembly in tshark? I'm running tshark on
> multiple files using a script on a Linux server, so I can't use SplitCap.

Being the guy who develops SplitCap I can assure you that it runs on
Linux -- just make sure to install the mono framework.
Here's a quick howto for Ubuntu:

sudo apt-get install libmono2.0-cil mono-runtime
wget http://sourceforge.net/projects/splitcap/files/latest
unzip SplitCap_1-9.zip
mono SplitCap.exe -r dumfile.pcap

There is a minor bug when running in Linux though, as the split files
aren't properly put into a subdirectory. But I'll make sure to have
that fixed for the next release of SplitCap.

Feel free to let me know if you have any additional questions
regarding SplitCap!

/erik