Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] hostapd wpa_supplicant wireshark capture

From: Manishekar Chandrasekaran <Manishekar.Chandrasekaran@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2013 13:34:23 +0000

Hi,

I am trying to capture the communication between hostapd and wpa supplicant using wireshark. I have hostapd and wpa supplicant interacting with my own additional library. This library will be used to implement a new key exchange mechanism.

hostapd is configured to use wlan0 and wpa_supplicant is configured to use wlan1.

The hostapd and wpa_supplicant are able to communicate with each other and I am able to view the probe/authentication/association messages in Wireshark by monitoring the interfaces wlan0 and mon.wlan0.

I am also able to view the new key exchange data of my new library from hostapd to wpa supplcaint. But, the problem is that I am not able to view the messages sent from wpa supplicant to the hostapd. I tried to monitor messages in 'hwsim0' as well. The observation is still the same.

Can someone provide inputs on this problem?

Regards

The information contained in this e-mail message and in any
attachments/annexure/appendices is confidential to the
recipient and may contain privileged information.
If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the
sender and delete the message along with any
attachments/annexure/appendices. You should not disclose,
copy or otherwise use the information contained in the
message or any annexure. Any views expressed in this e-mail
are those of the individual sender except where the sender
specifically states them to be the views of
Toshiba Software India Pvt. Ltd. (TSIP),Bangalore.

Although this transmission and any attachments are believed to be
free of any virus or other defect that might affect any computer
system into which it is received and opened, it is the responsibility
of the recipient to ensure that it is virus free and no responsibility
is accepted by Toshiba Software India Pvt. Ltd, for any loss or
damage arising in any way from its use.