Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] wireshark not deflating ipcomp packets

From: Rupa P V <rupapv@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2013 12:12:43 -0400
Hi,

I am trying to ping between two machines with large ICMP packets which are compressed using DEFLATE. I would prefer to view the decompressed packets in the expanded packet details, but seems like wireshark is not decompressing them.  It identifies the packet having IPComp CPI equal to  DEFLATE , but is not actually deflating the data that follows.

I am using only IPComp, no encryption or authentication in the packet.  I am using version 1.2.7 of wireshark

Please let me know if anybody knows how to see them decompressed.

-rupapv