Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] About filter "udp && !icmp"

From: Christopher Maynard <Christopher.Maynard@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2013 00:16:09 +0000 (UTC)
Guy Harris <guy@...> writes:

> Or you can, in "File -> Export Packet Dissections -> as "Plain Text"",
specify that only the dissections of
> the displayed packets should be exported.

Yes, definitely that works too.

The only difference would be that the frame numbers in the exported text
file wouldn't necessarily be consecutively numbered starting from 1
(depending on whether there were actually frames filtered out by the display
filter or not).  If that matters to you, then you'd have to first save only
the packets of interest to a separate file and then do the export to plain
text from there.