Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Communicating with many devices with the same IP address i

From: "Bartosz Kiziukiewicz" <kiziuk@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2013 19:43:29 +0200
Hi Lee,

What you're describing is a lot like multicast (
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multicast )

For things like copying the same disk image to multiple machines (eg.
norton ghost) multicast can work really well.  For interactive things
like telnet or curl where you'd expect to get different responses from
different machines, I suspect you'd be better off running multiple
copies of expect concurrently.

You're right. Multicast is very good for thing like that. But the catch is that the environment must be prepared to use it. I'm trying to find a method to do it on any standard devices. Unfortunately, so far I must use multiple PC machines. It looks like my idea would require to do some modifications in TCP/IP stack which is beyond my reach. Maybe the approach is wrong.

--
Cheers,
Bartosz.