Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] RTMP unknown(0x0)

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2013 20:29:15 -0700
On Apr 11, 2013, at 8:02 PM, bhaskar vangala <man.y2k6@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I have captured the streams of RTMP video. After four refreshes of webpage the video got stuck. I see there are RMP unknown(0x0) packets.
>
> Please give some light on what these unknown packets. Are these malformed packets ?

They could be a number of things.

For instance, they could be malformed packets, or they could be misidentified packets (i.e., *not* RTMP), or they could be the result of an RTMP packet that crosses TCP segment boundaries not being reassembled (are the "Reassemble RTMPT messages spanning multiple TCP segments" preference for "RTMPT" and the "Allow subdissector to reassemble TCP streams" preference for TCP both checked?).