Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] How to build a 10Gbe test environment and monitor it with Wire

From: David Aldrich <David.Aldrich@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2013 13:22:59 +0000

Hi

I need to build a test environment to communicate with a hardware device that has a 10Gbe comms port and that uses a SFP+ connector.  I will debug the connection using Wireshark.

So I need a 10Gbe NIC for a Windows/Linux PC, and that NIC should have a SFP+ connector.

Would anyone like to recommend a suitable NIC please?

Will there be any issues with monitoring such a connection using Wireshark?

Best regards

David