Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] Finding init.lua after build from source

From: Christopher Merck <cmerck@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2013 14:27:42 +0000

Hi All,

 I built from source and am launching using:

WIRESHARK_RUN_FROM_BUILD_DIRECTORY=1 ./wireshark

 And I placed my lua dissector in:

~/.wireshark/plugins/mydissector.lua

 However this cannot work because there is no init.lua. It doesn't exist in the build directory.

 I have also tried make install, but then there is still no init.lua in \usr\local\share\wireshark.

 I also tried running make-init-lua.pl, but this gives an error:

   '' is not a directory at ./epan/wslua/make-init-lua.pl line 33

 Could someone tell me how to generate init.lua?

Thanks,

 Chris

This e-mail message and all attachments transmitted with it may contain legally privileged and confidential information intended solely for the use of the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any reading, dissemination, distribution, copying, or other use of this message or its attachments is strictly prohibited.