Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Start Up Error

Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2013 10:25:50 -0400
---- Jaap Keuter <jaap.keuter@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> You may want to file a proper bug report on that. Please state the full build
> info (wireshark -v) and if you installed a package (where it came from) or build
> it yourself.
>
> Thanks,
> Jaap

i downloaded 1.8.5 from wireshark.org, unpacked wireshark, patched wireshark to sniff p25 traffic, built and installed wireshark; all with no complaints from my machine.  when i start wireshark the program bails with " ERROR:about_dlg.c:271:splash_update: assertion failed: (ul_sofar <= ul_count) "

here is the output from 'wireshark -v' command in terminal:

matt@matt-Inspiron-1525:~$ wireshark -v
wireshark 1.8.5 (SVN Rev Unknown from unknown)

Copyright 1998-2013 Gerald Combs <gerald@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> and contributors.

Compiled (32-bit) with GTK+ 2.24.13, with Cairo 1.12.2, with Pango 1.30.1, with
GLib 2.34.1, with libpcap, with libz 1.2.7, with POSIX capabilities (Linux),
without SMI, without c-ares, without ADNS, without Lua, without Python, with
GnuTLS 2.12.14, with Gcrypt 1.5.0, with MIT Kerberos, without GeoIP, without
PortAudio, with AirPcap.

Running on Linux 3.5.0-25-generic, with locale en_US.UTF-8, with libpcap version
1.3.0, with libz 1.2.7, GnuTLS 2.12.14, Gcrypt 1.5.0, without AirPcap.

Built using gcc 4.7.2.