Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] where is WTAP_ENCAP type 80 (K12) in Import menue/or why i

From: Ariel Burbaickij <ariel.burbaickij@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2013 23:47:44 +0100
>And can tcpreplay replay MTP2 files? Are there any links to which it can write?

and I think I understand what you hint at. There is no DLT Plugin for MTP2 yet, so one still needs to be written here.
is this what you mean?

Then again, I have right now in front of me file with WTAP_ENCAP 42, i.e. MTP2
so, could you, please, explain how all of it happens? Does it mean that the development of wireshark/wiretap
and tcpreplay  happens in totally independent way? Why I am asking -- taking a look at how these encapsulation types are defined in wiretap, it should not be all that different to define DLT plugin which basically reads the same packet's headers as they are defined in wiretap, strips them and repackages them, if needed or is there some hook/difference/difficulty  that I overlook?

/wbr
Ariel Burbaickij