Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] How to dissect SSH traffic

Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2013 13:37:10 +0000
Hi Helge,
Based on this http://wiki.wireshark.org/SSH it doesn't look like wireshark can decrypt the traffic right now.

-----Original Message-----
From: wireshark-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:wireshark-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Helge Kruse
Sent: Friday, March 1, 2013 7:06 AM
To: Community support list for Wireshark
Subject: [Wireshark-users] How to dissect SSH traffic

Hello,

I want to monitor the traffic of a SSH connection. I have compiled the SSHD, added the ssh_host_dsa_key file, and configured the daemon to use that key.

How can I tell my Wireshark 1.6.8 to use my key file to decrypt the traffic. If this is not possible with WS 1.6.8 would a upgrade to WS 1.8.x help?

Regards
Helge