Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] OSX 10.8.2 and Wireshark 1.8.5

From: "Lobb, Janos" <janos.lobb@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2013 15:48:40 +0000
On Feb 19, 2013, at 4:31 PM, Guy Harris wrote:

> On Feb 19, 2013, at 1:19 PM, "Lobb, Janos" <janos.lobb@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> I forget to add that in the system log I see these kind of messages:
>>
>> defaults[1221, 1222, 1235] The domain/default pair of (kCPreferencesAnyApplication,AppleAquaColorVariant) does not exist/
>
> That's apparently some issue with the wrapper program that fires up Wireshark with the OS X package, and it happens for me, even though 1.8.4, at least, works fine on 10.8.2, and has happened in the past as well.

Well, I tried to put back X11 from Apple, but from 10.6 dvd it does not even start and from 10.7 dvd it is continuously crashing, so that is not an option.  I probably have to go back to XQuartz and launch it before I launch WireShark.  Last time I just tried to launch Wireshark as I always do on 10.7.

Well I do a 10.8.2 combo update first to make sure I do not have old stuff lingering around then I will try with XQuartz again.

If someone knows any better ways, I am like Ross Perot - all ears :-)

János