Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] OSX 10.8.2 and Wireshark 1.8.5

From: "Lobb, Janos" <janos.lobb@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2013 21:15:56 +0000
Hi,

I just downloaded Wireshark 1.8.5 into a laptop running OS X 10.8.2.
When I started first it complained that it needs X11.  So I downloaded XQuartz and installed it.

Then when I started WireShark a panel opened up listing almost all applications on the laptop, but not WireShark.  So I hit the browse bottom, thinking xQuarts wants to know what app to open and selected Wireshark.  After about an hour past nothing appeared other than the one column Wireshark menu where I could select Quit.  I selected Quit and tried to start it up again with no success.  Wireshark bounces once in the Dock than exit.

So… how other folks are using this combination ?

What to do to fix it ?  I already threw away caches and preferences.

Thanks ahead,
János