Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] why is wireshark showing knoppix host

From: Jaap Keuter <jaap.keuter@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2013 00:16:05 +0100
Hi,

Probably your DSL router picked up that hostname once it saw your machines MAC
address for the first time (two years ago). It retained that info and fed it
into it's DNS responder.
Go into the DSL routers' management interface and look at allocated addresses,
you probably find the name there.

Thanks,
Jaap