Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] why is wireshark showing knoppix host

From: tnarkms <tnarkms@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2013 07:14:38 +0000
*oops.

greetings,

my system is scientific linux ls5.9, running wireshark 1.0.15.

why is wireshark showing knoppix as hostname instead of the
hostname i have set.

internet service is dsl, connection is thru a 2wire 2701hb router.

when running captures, this is what i see;

  knoppix          home
  192.168.1.64     192.168.1.254

it used to correctly show my assigned hostname until last update.

*oops:

nowhere on my system do i have the name 'knoppix' assigned. only
time i have used a 'knoppix live cd' was over 2 years ago and
wireshark was not involved in any way.

thanks for any help/suggestions/advice.
--
peace out.

tc, hago.

walking the walk. long live tux.

.

*please reply "plain text" only. "html text" are deleted*