Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] Save Wireshark G.729 payload and decode with ITU G.729 decoder

From: "COHEN, HARVEY S" <hc2182@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2013 20:27:16 +0000

The Voice Age G.729 decoder recommended in the Wireshark Wiki does not handle G.729 Annex B. The G.729 decoder in the ITU-T software tools does handle Annex B, but it wants input formatted as follows:

  One (2-byte) synchronization word

  One (2-byte) size word,

  80 words (2-byte) containing 80 bits.

I would be grateful for tips on converting from the G.729 payload written by Wireshark to the file format required by the ITU-T decoder.

Harvey S. Cohen