Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] are there any good tools/scripts for analyzing http reques

From: "Laura Chappell" <lchappell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2013 10:21:33 -0800

HTTP requests not displayed? Where… in the Info column? Do you have an example?

If you’re referring to the HTTP responses not showing in the Info column, try disabling the TCP preference “Allow subdissector to reassemble TCP stream”.  Then they will all show up. If you want to use File | Export Objects | HTTP, however, you need to enable that reassembly before doing so.

Once that TCP preference is set, you should be able to apply a display filter for http.request.method || http.response.code and see all requests/response codes.

I also like Network Miner for reassembling HTTP traffic (http://www.netresec.com/?page=NetworkMiner). Unfortunately you can only import .pcap files right now (not .pcapng).

Laura