Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] getting the stats through -z io, stat for extended time

From: sean bzd <seanbzd@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2013 17:24:21 -0500
Hi Wireshark Experts,
I would like to use the tshark command to get some stats and I want to let it run for an extended time.

when I do something like this from the command line:

tshark -i 3 -l -z "io,stat,1,tcp,udp" -w C:\temp.pcap -b filesize:1000 -b files:1000

and after running few mins, if I hit CTRL+C, the output is flushed to the stdout with stats for 'each' second in a separate line. so far so good. But if I want to do run this for few hours and do a CTRL+C, i will be only left with 9999 lines because thats the limit of the windows command buffer window.
If I pipe it to a file like this: tshark -i 3 -l -z "io,stat,1,tcp,udp" -w C:\temp.pcap -b filesize:1000 -b files:1000 > abc.txt
for some reason, the output in abc.txt contains stats for only initial few secs (don't know why). I tried this without the option (-l), but same problem.

What can i do to capture the stats for an extended period of time. Please advise. Thanks.