Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] error: Neither Qt nor GTK+ 2.12 or later are available, so Wir

From: Simon K <k_simon78@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2012 22:33:26 +0800 (SGT)
Hi All,

Machine : HP-UX

Machine-Type : Both 11.23 and 11.31 IA and PA

Problem Description :

I am trying to compile Wireshark version 1.8.4 on HP-UX machine , but i am getting below mentioned error on both PA and IX boxes . I tried with ansic as well as gcc , same error .

checking for GTK+ - version >= 2.12.0 and < 3.0... no
*** Could not run GTK+ test program, checking why...
*** The test program failed to compile or link. See the file config.log for the
*** exact error that occured. This usually means GTK+ is incorrectly installed.
configure: error: Neither Qt nor GTK+ 2.12 or later are available, so Wireshark can't be compiled

# swlist | grep -i "gtk+"

gtk+2                         2.24.10        gtk+2     ----- >   is installed on the machine , but still configure script is not able to find it .

Can you please suggest what should be done for this ?

Please help . Thanks in advance .

Thanks & Regards,
Simon