Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] Windows 2003 Server

From: Jim Hurley <jimhurle@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2012 15:22:37 -0500
Hello,

I installed the latest version of Wireshark onto a server running Windows 2003 Server. The installation went fine, and Win PCap 4.2 installed fine as well.

I launched Wireshark and started capturing traffic, no filters, just a ring buffer with 20 files each of 30 megabytes. After a period of time (1 hour maybe 2) I get an error from the OS saying that Visual C++ has asked to terminate in an unusual way.

Does anyone know what could be causing this???

Jim