Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Experiencing Packet Loss in High Volume Packet Capture App

From: John Powell <jrp999@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2012 15:11:01 -0600
Hi Jeff,

Thanks for your input - sorry about the Microsoft document - for future reference - what type of document would suggest using to detail such information?

Up until a few months ago the vendors we looked at were unable to provide the flexibility of my solution using wireshark.

Now one vendor appears to be able to come some ways to what we need, the problem is the the vendor can not decode one of our VoIP signalling protocols because it is proprietary even though Wireshark does a decent job.  For the SIP protocols the vendor solution will work.

The problem I have is that the RTP packets come from the same gateway for both SIP and the proprietary protocol so I can not strip them from being captured.

That being said, I am still interested in any suggestions to may have to mitigate the issue.

Thanks in advance!

-John