Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Delay in Downloading file

From: NITIN GOYAL <nitinkumgoyal@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2012 11:58:53 +0530
This question is at the very high levle with no specific details..

There may be hundreds of reasons:

Firewall
tunelling
ISP verifications
encryption/decryption

network congestion
network burst

do a capture of the data in a pcap format and then try to analyse the stream..

On Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 11:28 AM, Amit Aggarwal <amit.agg@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello,

I am not sure if this is the correct forum to ask ..but I will appreciate any pointers.

I am facing delay in downloading files.  The below results are consistent no matter what time or day I do the download.  Both locations have good internet connection

Case 1:  Download file from Singapore : Download takes apprx 10 mins.

Case 2: Download same file from Brazil: Download takes almost 20 mins.

The file server is located in Germany.

Is there any way I can figure out the cause of delay ?

Best Regards

Amit